|The Apple's Family|
|The Granny Smith|
- 4 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 3-4 cloves
- 2 tbsp sugar
1. Peel the apples and core them. Each apple is cut into 8 wedges which later be cut into 3 pieces for each wedge.
2. Put them in cold water to prevent oxidation.
3. When the apples are cut, pour out the water and put the apples along with the cinnamon, cloves and sugar in a pot or a medium saucepan.
4. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. I cook them for about 12 minutes whereby some of the apples have turned a little mushy (not pureed though) and some still hold their shapes. If you like them to be quite firm, then cook for a lesser time.
5. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
6. Later, put the apples (throw away the cinnamon stick and cloves) in a lightly greased dish.
- 1 cup of flour
- 100-120 g of cold butter, cubed
- 4-6 tbsp of caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4-6 tbsp of ground peanuts/almonds
2. Put in the sugar, vanilla essence and ground peanuts and mix until just combined.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 25-30 minutes or until it turns crispy and golden. Serve warm with some whipping cream or vanilla ice-cream.